Vital Documents Recovery

Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates – Mariposa County has birth, death and marriage certificate for these events that occurred within Mariposa County. The request for certificates may be made in person or by mail. Click the links below for the link you need. 

For births, deaths, and marriage certificates outside of Mariposa county, you can contact the Mariposa County Record’s Office for assistance in getting outside county documents.  

CalFresh Benefits  – To receive replacement benefits, an affidavit must be completed. You can complete it online, over the phone or in person. 

- Online:

Call your worker directly or our main office at 209-966-2000 or 800-549-6741. 

Citizenship Papers – The Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website has the Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document located at Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document | USCIS 

The phone number is 1-800-375-5283. 

CDIB – Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood 

Log on to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) website Home | Indian Affairs ( Here you can find information on filing the certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaska Native Blood and application. You can also access it by clicking the link CBID Form and Instructions ( 

If your card has been lost and you are already on file with BIA, fill out the registration form and copy of your identification. Submit these documents to the agency in which you receive services.  

Office of Indian Services 202-513-7640 

Bureau of Indian Affairs 202-208-5116 

COVID Card – If you received your shots at a pharmacy, contact the pharmacy to obtain a copy of your vaccination card. 

You can contact the California Department of Public Health at My Vaccine Record ( to obtain a digital copy of your record online. A copy of your digital record can be printed.  

Credit Cards – Contact your bank and other places you obtained a credit card as soon as possible to report your cards lost or stolen. 

Driver’s License – You must obtain a copy of your driver’s license from a DMV. Visit a California DMV office to complete the required application. Replacement license forms must be delivered in person. Make an appointment online or call 1-800-777-0133 

Mariposa DMV  

5264 State Highway 49 


Green Cards – Fill out form I-90 for a replacement green card on the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.  

The form may be mailed to: 

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

Attn: I-90 
P.O. Box 21262 
Phoenix, AZ 85036-1262 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

Attn: I-90 (Box 21262) 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S 
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850 


Income Tax Records – Contact your accountant or tax filing agency. The IRS Tax Assistance Center can also provide assistance by appointment. Their contact information is: 

2525 Capitol Street in Fresno 


Insurance Policies – Contact your insurance provider. The insurance company should provide you with a free copy of your policy. 

Military Discharge – Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000 (TTY 1-800-829-4833). 

Mortgage Papers

 – Contact your lending institution and title company.  

Social Security or MediCare Cards

 – Contact the social Security Administration Office.  

In Fresno at  348 E. Yosemite Avenue in Madera, Ca.  1-877-405-1453 

In Merced at 600 West Olive Avenue in Merced, Ca. 1-888-632-7069. 

Titles of Deeds – You will need to request a copy of the deed in person at the Mariposa County Assessor/Recorder’s office located at 4982 10th Street Mariposa, California. The office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 

U.S. Passports – At this time, the Oak fire has not been recognized as qualifying for the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018. Visit for information on how to replace a passport. Processing time is 8 to 11 weeks. 

For questions call the passport office at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793) 


U.S. Savings Bonds - You will need form PDF-1048(l) from the bank or from Fill this form out completely and mail to: 

Department of the Treasury 

Bureau of the Public Debt 

Savings Bonds Operations 

P.O. Box 1328 

Parkersburg, WV 26106-1328 


Wills – Contact the lawyer who created the will. They should have a copy or the original on file.