Human Services Department
24-HOUR CRISIS RESPONSE
How do I get local emergency help for a mental health crisis?
We offer Emergency 24-hour Crisis Response. Call 209-966-7000 or 800-549-6741 any time 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tell the receptionist that you have a "crisis."
Other resources for mental health crises:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 888-506-5991
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 (from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained crisis counselor).
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 PRESS 1 (or text to 838255 to get help now).
DID YOU KNOW...?
- You can take care of most of your Social Security related needs and speak to a live Social Security representative here in our office. Video Services are offered on Tuesday's (walk-in's welcome) and Friday's (appointment only). This service is offered from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. on both days. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 888-632-7069. View an informational flyer (PDF).
- The Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8 / HUD) wait list is still currently open. Only current residents or those that work in Mariposa will be eligible to be placed on the wait list. For more information, please call the Stanislaus County Housing Authority at 209-557-2000, or visit their website or view an informational letter (PDF).
- Many services are also available at our North County Office, located in Coulterville. View more information and services available at our North County Office.
View the 2017 Mariposa County Needs Assessment (PDF), completed June 22, 2017.
View the Strategic Plan to Address Homelessness in Mariposa County (PDF), adopted by the Mariposa County Board of Supervisors on June 9, 2015.