What can I recycle and where?
The following items are accepted at the Mariposa County Landfill and Recycling Center, located at 5593 Hwy. 49 N and at the County Transfer Stations. Materials must be separated for recycling at the Mariposa County Landfill and Recycling Center but may be mixed if taken to any Transfer Station in the County.

• CRV bottles and cans for redemption (look for CA CASH REFUND on the label)
• Non-CRV glass bottles and jars (separate colored from clear)
• Non-CRV aluminum
• Tin cans and small metal items
• Mixed paper, including white and colored office paper, newspaper, phone books, magazines, and shredded paper in paper bags
• Cardboard and chipboard (cereal boxes, etc.)
• Household batteries (separate rechargeable from non-rechargeable)
• Plastics #1-7

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call for garbage service?
2. What can I recycle and where?
3. Where can I bring my California Redemption Values (CRVs) containers?
4. Where can I recycle my used oil and oil filters?
5. What can I do with my # 3-7 plastics?
6. Why do I have to separate all of my recyclables?
7. How can I reduce my landfill fees?
8. Why do the number 3 through 7 plastic containers have to be clean, and why can’t I recycle all plastic with the numbers 3 through 7 on it?
9. Why are the recycling numbers printed so small on the plastic containers?
10. What can I do to help reduce the amount of plastic entering the compost facility?
11. Why do I have to pay to recycle items such as refrigerators and TVs 36 inches or larger on the diagonal?
12. Where can I recycle printer and copier cartridges?
13. Do you recycle junk cars?
14. Why do I have to take my trash to the Landfill instead of the Compost Facility at times?