Construction & Demolition Debris
PLANNING TO BUILD OR REMODEL ?
You can recycle much of your construction and demolition debris at the
Mariposa County Landfill & Recycling Center
Materials must be separated prior to bringing them to the Facility.
Materials accepted for recycling include:
- Asphalt, bricks, concrete
- Batteries—all types
- Cardboard—broken down
- Fluorescent tubes & bulbs—unbroken, ballasts removed
- Mercury thermostats
- Metal, including conduit, pipe, wiring
- Manure, yard waste, brush, etc.
- Uncontaminated soil
Other materials accepted at the Landfill include:
- Dimension lumber, wood shingles, wood pallets, other wood— untreated, metal removed
- Gypsum board/wallboard
- Hard to handle items—stumps, trailers, etc.
- Ballasts in fluorescent lighting
Materials prohibited from the Landfill include:
- Contaminated soil
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) including: paint, solvents, thinners, wood preservatives, poisons, pesticides, pool chemicals, rust preventatives, broken fluorescent tubes & bulbs, polishes, gasoline, glues, household & automotive cleaners, waxes
- Radioactive material
- Treated lumber
Habitat for Humanity accepts clean electric appliances, doors, lights, appliances, new flooring (leftovers), sinks and other building materials on a limited basis. Call first. A warehouse sale is held from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the 1st Sat. of the month; and 9 a.m.-10 a.m. all other Saturdays. Italian Acres office complex, 5320 Hwy. 49N, Mariposa, CA. PH: (209)-966-6618
Crossroads Lumber in North Fork accepts "reusable" lumber 8 ft. or longer in sound condition that has no rot, insects, large numbers of nails or lead paint. No construction scrap/waste such as pieces of studs, plywood or OSB. Loads must be inspected before being accepted. Call 559-877-3645 for an appointment.
For more information about C&D materials recycling go to the CalRecycle