Our outreach program goal is to raise public awareness about the importance of parental responsibility and to provide up-to-date information about child support services to the community. If you feel your group or school would benefit from our information, please call our outreach coordinator, Ginny Carpenter at (866) 901-3212.
If you are in the Reserves or National Guard and have recently been activated for military service, view resources for parents
An Ombudsperson is available at our office to assist parents, employers, and the community. An Ombudsperson:
- Provides information about the child support program, resolves issues, and answers questions
- Helps parties through the Complaint Resolution and State Hearing process
- Helps arrange for special accommodations and interpreters needed at State Hearings
- Evaluates customer satisfaction
- Suggests ways to resolve concerns and improve customer service
Visit the California Department of Child Support Services Ombudsperson Program
for more information.
Compromise of Arrears Program (COAP)
In certain child support cases, the law allows for a parent to pay less than his or her total child support debt owed to the government because their child received public assistance during a time that the parent did not pay the court ordered child support. This is called a compromise of arrears.
If you are interested in the Compromise of Arrears Program, contact our office. For more information on the program policies and procedures of COAP, visit the California Department of Child Support Services COAP