To promote the recycling and diversion of solid waste, and to meet the requirements of the Mandatory Commercial Recycling laws, the Mariposa County Solid Waste & Recycling division is conducting a short, 5 question survey on commercial recycling.
To take the short survey, please click HERE. The survey will open January 1 and will close on March 31, 2017.
Thank you for your time and participation!
|Preparing Your Recyclables
(ONLY RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS, please)
The following list of clean recyclables must be separated by type and placed in the appropriate bin at the Recycling Center:
- CRV bottles and cans for redemption (look for CA CASH REFUND on the label)
- Non-CRV glass bottles and jars (separate colored from clear. No light bulbs, lead crystal, ceramics, knick-knacks, beverage glasses, vases, eye glasses, picture galss, window glass o glass items other than bottles and jars)
- Tin cans and small metal items
- Non-CRV #1 plastic (PET/PETE) (Clean, numbered "Food Grade" plastic only, such as: food & beverage containers; shampoo, liquid soap, mouthwash & other personal care product containers; laundry product containers. Lids OK. Put black microwave trays in #3-7 bin even though labeled #1 PET/PETE. )
- Non-CRV #2 plastic (HDPE) (Clean, numbered "Food Grade" plastic only, such as: food & beverage containers; shampoo, liquid soap & other personal care product containers; laundry product containers. Lids OK. No motor oil containers, tarps, other industrial plastic.
- #3 through #7 plastic (Clean, numbered "Food Grade" containers only, such as yogurt and margarine tubs, microwave trays, produce & meat trays or clamshells; laundy product containers, etc.) Lids OK. No Styrofoam, food-contaminated items, tarps, toys, swimming pools, folding chairs or other non-food plastic items.
- Mixed paper, including white and colored office paper, newspaper, phone books, magazines, and shredded paper in paper bags, paper gift wrap (No paper towels, tissues, used paper plates, paper napkins, waxed paper, plastic gift wrap)
- Cardboard and chipboard such as cereal boxes, shoe boxes, cardboard egg cartons, mailing tubes, toilet tissue tubes, gift boxes (no waxy refrigerator
cartons such as milk & juice cartons or shelf-stable
cartons such as soup, soy milk, juice & wine cartons)
- Household batteries (separate rechargeable from non-rechargeable)
- Scrap Metal can be placed in scrap metal pile
- Clothing (must be clean, dry, in good condition)
- Shoes (must be clean, dry, in good condition)
- Blankets, comforters, sheets, towels (must be clean, dry, in good condition)