Fire Season Preparation
- Clean all vegetation from roof, eaves, and rain gutters.
- Keep your flues clean year-round.
- Cover chimney outlets and flues with a spark-arresting half-inch stainless steel mesh screen.
- Clean all flammable materials from beneath decks.
- Keep emergency phone numbers and evacuation routes clearly posted.
- Prepare a "Grab and Go" bag for each family member and pet.
- Keep weeds cut back.
- Move firewood at least 30 feet from all structures.
- Plan your escape route in advance and make sure everyone knows it.
- Make sure your address is clearly visible from the street in all weather.
- Keep vehicles full of gas.
- Keep a two-week supply of water, candles, non-perishable food and medications.
- Keep cash, bank and insurance information handy.