Disposing of Recyclable Solid Waste
Preparing Your Recyclables
The composting, landfill and recycling center
is open Thursday through Monday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and are closed on holidays. You can reach us at (209) 966-5165.
Clean and dry recyclables must be separated by category:
- Paper, including newspapers, magazines, paper bags, office paper, computer paper and telephone books
- Metal cans
- Aluminum cans
- Plastics - Soda and water bottles, milk jugs, plastic containers, (detergent, yogurt, bottles and jars, all colors, etc.)
- Glass - color and clear (separate)
- Cardboard - Break down, remove styrofoam, etc.
- Chipboard - Cereal boxes, shoe boxes, soap and toothpaste boxes, etc.
- Oil - Used motor oil (16 cents per gallon for oil recycling, anytime)
- Batteries - Car batteries, household batteries
Note: Styrofoam is not accepted at county recycling centers.Fee Recyclable Materials
- Scrap metal
- Electronic items
- Fluorescent bulbs