Per State Law and County Ordinance, all Dogs over the age of 3 months must be vaccinated for Rabies and all Dogs over the age of 4 months must have a County License
How you can obtain a county license for your dog:
* Please bring your rabies certificate, spay/neuter certificate as well as the appropriate payment amount.
- Mariposa Sheriffs Animal Facility - 5012 Fairgrounds Dr.- Please call to make sure someone is in the office to assist you, weekend appointments available.
- The Mariposa County Sheriff's Office at 5099 Old Highway- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Administrative Office.
- By mail at P.O. Box 276, Mariposa, CA 95338 , please include a copy of your rabies certificate, a copy of your spay/neuter certificate as well as the appropriate payment amount. Please do not mail cash. Make checks or money orders out to Mariposa County. All documents will be returned to you.
- Unaltered Dog $6.50 per year and Altered Dog $3.25 per year
Facts you should know:
- A rabies tag is not a county license. You must purchase a county license even if you have a rabies tag for your dog.
- Your county license does expire and must be renewed.
- Your dog must have a current rabies vaccination in order to obtain a county license.
- Per state law rabies shots can be given once the dog is three months old.
- Per state law dogs are given a one year rabies shot if under a year old, if it is the first rabies shot given (if over a year old) or if you do not have proof of prior rabies vaccination no matter the age of the dog.