County Administrative Officer
5100 Bullion St., 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 784
Ph: (209) 966-3222
Fx: (209) 966-5147
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
The County Administrative Officer (CAO) is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors. The CAO serves the legislative function of the Board by providing research, information, and recommendations.
The CAO serves all of the executive functions of the Board by administering and guiding County departments in matters that are the responsibility of the Board.
The responsibilities of the County Administrative Officer include:
- Acting as an agent and representative of the Board
- Enforcing Board policy
- Recommending the annual budget
- Exercising continuous budgetary control
- Recommending efficient operating procedures
- Recommending effective administrative reorganizations