Planning to Build or Remodel?
You can recycle much of your construction and demolition debris at the Mariposa County Landfill and Recycling Center Materials must be separated prior to bringing them to the Facility. Materials accepted for recycling include:
- Asphalt, bricks, concrete
- Batteries-all types
- Cardboard-broken down
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs-unbroken, ballasts removed
- Manure, yard waste, brush, etc.
- Mercury thermostats
- Metal, including conduit, pipe, wiring
- Uncontaminated soil Appliances
Other materials accepted at the Landfill include:
- Ballasts in fluorescent lighting
- Dimension lumber, wood shingles, wood pallets, other wood- untreated, metal removed
- Gypsum board/wallboard
- Hard to handle items-stumps, trailers, etc.
Materials prohibited from the Landfill include:
- Contaminated soil
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) including: paint, solvents, thinners, wood preservatives, poisons, pesticides, pool chemicals, rust preventatives, broken fluorescent tubes and bulbs, polishes, gasoline, glues, household and automotive cleaners, waxes
- Radioactive material
- Treated lumber
Habitat for Humanity accepts clean electric appliances, doors, lights, appliances, new flooring (leftovers), sinks and other building materials on a limited basis. Call first. A warehouse sale is held from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on the 1st Sat. of the month; and 9 a.m.-10 a.m. all other Saturdays. Italian Acres office complex, 5320 Highway 49N, Mariposa, CA. Phone: 209-966-6618
Crossroads Lumber in North Fork accepts "reusable" lumber 8 ft. or longer in sound condition that has no rot, insects, large numbers of nails or lead paint. No construction scrap/waste such as pieces of studs, plywood or OSB. Loads must be inspected before being accepted. Call 559-877-3645 for an appointment.
For more information about C&D materials recycling go to the CalRecycle webpage.