Parents Paying Support

If you have an open case and do not pay through wage withholding, you have several payment options:

1. Remit your payment directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU):

State Disbursement Unit (SDU)
P.O. Box 989067
West Sacramento, CA 95798

Include the following with your check or money order:

  • Your Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Your Participant Identification Number

2. Make a credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) payment over the telephone at 866-901-3212.

3. Make a credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) card payment online.

4. Make a payment directly from your bank account through ExpertPay.

Access Account With Customer Connect 24/7. View & Print Documents.

Many Ways to Pay:

  • By Mail
  • By Phone
  • In Office
  • Online SDU
  • PayPal
  • Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Checking, or Savings

Using Cash:

  • MoneyGram
  • PayNearMe
  • TouchPay Kiosk

Participant Identification Number

Your participant ID number is included on your monthly statements. If you do not know your participant ID number, you may call the Mariposa County Department of Child Support Services or the State Disbursement Unit at 866-901-3212. If your SSN or participant ID number is not included with your payment, processing will be delayed and the payment may be allocated to other cases.

Modifying Your Support Order

As circumstances change, your support order might need to be modified (increased or decreased). Either parent may request a review of their child support order. If a change in the amount of support is appropriate, the Department of Child Support Services will request that the court modify the current child support order.

Common reasons to request a modification:

  • Significant increase or decrease in either parent's earnings
  • A change in custody, or the amount of time the child spends with each parent
  • If either parent has another child to support

For more information or to request a review visit us in the office or call 866-901-3212.

Arrears Payoff Date

The Arrears Payment Estimator is an amortization tool that prospectively calculates an estimated liquidation summary for the past due balances you owe. The summary also provides you with an estimated arrears payoff date if the monthly arrears payment is consistently received every month. This tool calculates an estimate of the length of time needed to pay off your past due child support based on information you enter.

What to Bring to Your Appointment with Child Support

When opening a child support case, you should gather and bring to any appointment as much information as possible. A case can still be opened without all of the information listed below, but it will be easier to collect child support with complete information about each parent and child. The Department of Child Support Services will request the following:

Information about you:

  • Date of birth
  • Existing child support orders
  • Full name, address, and phone number
  • Name, address, and phone number of employer or former employer
  • Paycheck stubs
  • Social Security Number

Information about the child:

  • Child's date of birth
  • Child's full name and address
  • Child's Social Security Number
  • Proof of paternity (if applicable)

Information about the other parent:

  • Date of birth
  • Description of other parent
  • Full name, address, and phone number
  • Information about involvement with child (visitation)
  • Name, address, and phone number of employer or last employer, union or self-employment information
  • Social Security Number

Enforcement Methods

There are many enforcement methods that the child support organization can take to ensure that the child support obligation is being met. Some of these methods include Mandatory Income Withholding Order, Health Insurance Coverage Assignment, Real Property Liens, Tax Intercepts, New Hire Registry, License Suspension, and a list of civil and criminal remedies. View a full list of the different enforcement methods that can be taken (PDF).

Additional Information

For additional information, please visit the California Department of Child Support Services.