IHSS Provider Orientation
NEW: Due to COVID-19 emergency event, IHSS provider enrollment & orientation process has changed. Please use our new web-based IHSS enrollment orientation process to become an independent IHSS provider.
Please read the following instructions carefully. This website is to be used by caregivers or "providers" of the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program in Mariposa County ONLY.
State law requires that all IHSS providers complete enrollment and pass a DOJ background check before they are eligible to be paid by the IHSS program.
For instructions about how to apply to receive IHSS services please contact the Mariposa County In-Home Supportive Services Unit at: 1-833-423-0816.
To become an IHSS provider in Mariposa County, complete the following
1. Use the Mariposa County’s IHSS Provider Enrollment website:
- Use the “Continue to Enrollment” link below to complete your enrollment forms, watch the mandatory enrollment videos, and schedule an in-office appointment to complete the IHSS Provider Enrollment process.
- After you have scheduled an appointment, if you have opted to receive text messaging, you will receive a confirming text message appointment reminder five (5) days before your scheduled appointment and again the day before.
- This system will allow you to complete the website orientation and return later to schedule or change your in-office appointment date and time.
2. Bring the following documents to your in-office appointment:
- A valid government issued photo ID, Driver’s License, or US Passport.
- An original Social Security Card with the name as it appears on your government issued ID or Driver’s License – we cannot accept a copy.
3. During your in-office appointment:
- You will complete the SOC 426, SOC 846 and the Request for Live Scan Service form, by signing on a digital signature pad.
- A Public Authority staff member will review additional county forms and have you sign them using a digital signature pad.
- You will complete your Live Scan fingerprinting with a certified Live Scan Fingerprint Roller.
4. If you have already identified an IHSS Recipient that you would like to provide care for, please observe the following steps:
- Pick up linking paperwork at the Mariposa County Health & Human Services front desk, or contact the Public Authority to have the linking paperwork mailed out to you.
- The linking paperwork includes an SOC-426A, PA-21 and IRS W-4 form. These forms tell IHSS the Recipient has hired you to be their provider, includes a start date, and is used to initiate payroll.
- You will receive an SOC-2271 Form from IHSS with your IHSS provider number. At that time register with IHSS at: https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov/login
After you have read these instructions please click on the following link to continue with your enrollment:
LINK: CONTINUE TO ENROLLMENT
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Question: I cannot find my Social Security Card.
Answer: Visit the Social Security Office and apply for your replacement card. They will provide you with a replacement card within 7 to 14 days—DO NOT schedule an appointment until you have an original Social Security Card.
Question: I already had a background check done for another job – do I need to do it again?
Answer: Yes. Everyone applying to be an IHSS Independent Provider must have a background check.
Question: I am starting to work for a second IHSS consumer, do I need to do the enrollment a second time?
Answer: No. An IHSS caregiver or provider only needs to enroll one time to be allowed to be paid by the IHSS program. It does not matter how many IHSS consumers you work for.
Question: It has been over a year since I was paid as an IHSS caregiver, do I need to do the enrollment a second time?
Answer: Possibly. Please contact the Public Authority (209) 742-0985. A staff member can verify whether or not you need to complete the enrollment process again.
If your Question is not answered here, call the Public Authority Enrollment phone line at (209) 742-0985 (we can only answer questions about the Provider or Caregiver Enrollment steps).
Visit the Public Authority Services website to learn more about the Independent Provider Registry, training, and other services related to the IHSS program.
For questions about provider payroll, timesheets, to speak with a social worker about authorized hours or to apply to receive IHSS services, call the IHSS office at:1-833-423-0816.
LINK: CONTINUE TO ENROLLMENT