Adult & Aging
The Mariposa County Adult and Aging branch includes many supportive programs, services and events that support independence and quality of life for:
- Older adults (age 60+) and their families
- Children, youth and adults living with disabilities
- U.S. military veterans
- In-home caregivers
• California Children’s Services - California Children’s Services (CCS) is a statewide program that arranges, directs, and pays for medical care, equipment, and rehabilitation when these services are authorized by the program. Services can be authorized for children and young adults under 21 years of age who have CCSeligible medical conditions and whose families are unable to pay for all or part of their care.
• Energy Assistance and Weatherization - Offers the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) a federally funded program that helps low-income households pay their energy bill and the Weatherization Assistance Program that focuses on the process of making your home more "air tight" and energy efficient.
• Senior Services – Offers monthly senior activities, educational seminars and workshops, senior nutrition, congregate meals and meal delivery, arranges meeting areas, provides available senior discounts, conducts outreach and provides information / referrals to seniors, and offers non-emergency medical transportation to seniors that are 60 and above (Call 1-209-966-5315 for more information on Transportation)
• Social Services - Offers help with Adult Protective Services, In-Home Supportive Services, Public Authority / Preferred Providers & Public Guardian / Public Conservator
Connect to Services from Home
- Older adults and their families and caregivers can talk over the phone with a social worker about support and services specific to their situation.
- Call us at 1-209-966-2000 or 1-800-266-3609 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., or learn about available services by browsing this website.