Adult & Aging
The Mariposa County Adult and Aging branch includes many supportive programs, services and events that support independence and quality of life for:
- Older adults (age 60+) and their families
- Children, youth and adults living with disabilities
- U.S. military veterans
- In-home caregivers
- Adult Protective Services - Adult Protective Services (APS) assists older adults (age 60 years and older) and dependent adults (age 18-59 who are disabled) when these adults are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect, or exploitation. If you are concerned about the neglect or abuse of an older adult or dependent adult, please contact us at (209) 742-0900.
- Public Guardian / Public Conservator - The PG/PC program is committed to the trust, safety, and well-being of individuals who are gravely disabled and cannot effectively take care of themselves and, therefore, require conservatorship appointed by the Court. For more information, please contact: (209) 742-2000.
- Public Authority / Preferred Providers - IHSS Public Authority staff assist IHSS consumers with assistance in locating and hiring an IHSS Provider. IHSS Public Authority recruits and supports new providers.
- California Children’s Services - California Children’s Services (CCS) is a statewide program that arranges, directs, and pays for medical care, equipment, and rehabilitation. Services can be authorized for children and young adults under 21 years of age who have CCS eligible medical conditions and whose families are unable to pay for all or part of their care.
- In-Home Supportive Services - In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) authorizes services to Medi-Cal eligible individuals who are over 65, blind, or disabled, in order to keep these individuals safely in their own homes. Services may include personal care needs and essential domestic help.
- Senior Services – Offers monthly senior activities, educational seminars and workshops, senior nutrition, congregate meals and meal delivery. Senior Services conducts outreach and provides information / referrals to seniors, and offers non-emergency medical transportation to seniors that are 60 and above (Call 1-209-966-5315 or click for Transportation)
Adult & AgingPhysical Address
5362 Lemee Lane
Mariposa, CA 95338
PO Box 99
Mariposa, CA 95338
Phone: : 209-966-2000 or 800-266-3609Fax: : 209-966-8251Emergency Phone: : Call 911; BH Crisis Line: 209-966-7000
Monday - Friday
8 am - 5 pm
Closed on County Holidays