Landlords are essential partners of the rental assistance program, which helps low-income households in Mariposa County. LPP aims to increase the appeal of landlord participation in the Housing Choice Voucher Program through providing assistance and support to willing Landlords and tenants.
The Mariposa County Landlord Partnership Program (LPP) provides financial and support incentives to landlords who rent to families who receive federal rental assistance through Housing Choice Vouchers and other housing-related programs administered by Mariposa County and Health and Human Services (HHSA).
Landlords who participate in LPP may be eligible for the following incentives:
- Cash Rental Bonus and Lease Renewal Bonus
- Renter Pre-screening – Our case managers screen and provide renter education regarding the expectations and responsibilities to maintain productive rental relationships.
- Rental Inspections and Cleaning – Case managers facilitate cleaning and inspections after rental vacancy.
- Vacancy Rent Loss Prevention – HHSA covers rent costs while the required paperwork is being completed.
- Landlord Liaison – Health and Human Services specialist will assist in answering landlord's questions between landlords and renters.
- Problem Prevention – The case manager's regular in-home visits handle potential problems early.
- Satisfaction from helping those in the community by helping our clients, you are an integral role helping more than just the individual or family; you are helping to make the community a better place for everyone.
If you are a landlord and want to learn more about participating in the Landlord Partnership Program, please contact one of our housing team members:
Amy Woodward (209) 742-0920
Ron Hull (209) 742-0855
or email LandlordPartnership@mariposacounty.org