Local Assistance Center Resources

The Local Assistance Center (LAC) was a one-stop shop for information on resources and services for residents who have been impacted by the Oak Fire. While the in-person center is no longer open, many of these resources and services are still available. 

Resource List

Resource Contact Information Description of Services 
State Agencies  . .
Contractors State License Board (CSLB) www.cslb.ca.gov

Phone: 1-800-321-2752
Will provide assistance to those impacted by the fire and looking for licensed contractors with verifications of contractor licenses, investigates consumer complaints, and provides helpful information about hiring a contractor.
Department of Insurance (CDI)

Phone: 1-800-927-4357
Provides assistance on handling delays, additional living expenses, under insurance disputes, etc.
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)

Phone: 1-800-777-0133
The local DMV office will continue to assist with questions and provide the forms needed to assist individuals in replacing DMV documents, such as drivers’ licenses, identification cards, vehicle registration certificates and certificates of title. Fees will continue to be waived for these services.
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) Formerly Board of Equalization (BOE) www.cdtfa.ca.gov

Phone: 1-800-400-7115
Provides disaster relief to taxpayers, fee payers, and business owners who live in or own businesses in counties where a state of emergency exists. Survivors may be eligible to receive free replacement copies of tax records and may be eligible to receive a one-month extension on filing their tax returns.
Employment Development Department (EDD) https://edd.ca.gov

Phone: 1-800-300-5616
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) provides a variety of services to individuals and businesses affected by disasters in California. EDD staff assist at Local Assistance Centers or Disaster Recovery Centers established by the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) or federal authorities. 

For Impacted Workers The EDD’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program provides partial wage replacement benefits to workers who lose their jobs, or have their hours reduced, through no fault of their own. Learn more about the Unemployment Insurance program and eligibility requirements for collecting benefits. Generally, there is a one-week waiting period for individuals obtaining Unemployment Insurance (UI). Upon a state emergency declaration, EDD waives its standard non-payable one-week waiting period to allow regular UI benefits to be quickly paid to eligible individuals affected by current disasters. This means individuals can be paid benefits for the first week they are unemployed due to the disaster. 

For Impacted Employers Employers directly affected by a disaster may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For more information about how to request an extension and other employer assistance available, visit Emergency and Disaster Assistance for Employers

Additional helpful information, including more Disaster-Related Services details, can be found on the mobile-accessible [edd.ca.gov]EDD website. 

Disaster Location:
Mariposa County - Oak Fire

Waiting week for unemployment benefits waived;
For claims between 7/22/22 and 1/23/23

Federal Disaster Unemployment Assistance Available 
 None at this time

Extensions for Employers to File and Pay Payroll Taxes 
 Up to 60-day extension
Franchise Tax Board (FTB) www.ftb.ca.gov

Phone: 1-800-852-5711
The Franchise Tax Board provides the following services: Changing your mailing address 
· Receiving copies of tax returns 
· Claiming a disaster loss on your tax return
 · Personal Income Tax/Business Entity account help 

To obtain forms, instructions, and publications by email and/or U.S. mail: Forms and Publications | FTB.ca.gov

Disaster Loss Publication: Form FTB 1034 can be requested using the above Form and Publications Link 

How to get a copy of your California tax return: Complete Request for Copy of Tax Return (FTB 3516) 

General Questions: Call FTB at (510) 622-4693 Hours of operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday- Friday 

*Please advise the phone agent you have been impacted by the Mariposa County - Oak Fire
Department of Public Health-Vital Records (CDPH)

Phone: 916-445-2684
Individuals who have lost vital records (birth, death, and marriage certificates) for records that were registered outside of the county and application will need to be submitted
California Veterans Affairs (CalVet)

Phone: 916-800-952-5626 

VA Benefits Hotline: 1-800-827-1000 

Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 988, Press 1
Provides guidance and information to Veterans impacted by the fire. Provides assistance with replacing military documents, certificate of eligibility, and referrals to local housing and healthcare VA providers
Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) www.hcd.ca.gov

Phone: 1-800-952-5275
Can assist with inspection of damaged mobile home or special occupancy parks, manufactured housing questions including repairs, installations and/or registration and titling.
Mariposa County Resources . .
Building Department Phone: 209-966-3934 Mariposa County Building Department is here to assist you through your rebuilding transition to make the process as easy as possible. We will help you acquire the information required to apply for a permit to rebuild a destroyed structure or repair a damaged structure. We are happy to walk you through the permitting process. 

Please come to our office at 5100 Bullion Street, lower floor. Office Hours are 7:00am to 4:00pm. 
Planning Department Phone: 209-966-5151

The Mariposa County Planning Department is ready to assist you with information and guidance regarding permitting to rebuild, repair, or make temporary arrangements after a disaster. Our aim is a smooth process for you, so we are here to help with information on past permits, zoning, land use, and site plan preparations needed for permit applications. We work together with the Building Department, Environmental Health Unit and other County Departments on permitting needs. Please call, e-mail, or stop by our office for help. 

Our office is located at the Government Center, 5100 Bullion Street, Development Services - lower floor. Our office hours are 8:00 am through 5:00 pm.
Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) Phone: 209-966-2000 

Environmental Health: 

Crisis Line: 209-966-7000
Public Assistance: 
The Public Assistance team remains available, M-F, 8 am-5 pm, to assist with Medi-Cal, CalFresh, and Welfare to Work benefits. You can reach Public Assistance at (209) 966-2000. Or you can apply for benefits online at www.benefitscal.com 

Adult and Aging: 
Provides many supportive programs, services, and events that support independence and quality of life for: ·
Older adults (age 60+) and their families: 

o In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) -- Authorizes services to Medi-Cal eligible individuals who are over 65, blind, or disabled to keep these individuals safely in their own homes. Services may include personal care needs and essential domestic help. 

o Senior Services & Nutrition Programs-- Offers monthly senior activities, educational seminars & workshops, senior nutrition, congregate meals and meal delivery, information & referrals to seniors for safe, independent living, and non-emergency medical transportation to seniors that are 60 and above. · 

Children, youth, and adults living with disabilities:
California Children's Services (CCS) - Services for children and young adults under 21 years of age with medical conditions and whose families cannot pay for all or part of their care.

Public Health: 
We provide can provide COVID-19 vaccinations on Thursdays from 9 am through 11:30 am. We also offer COVID-19 rapid testing - residents can come by the office to pick up a testing kit Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm. Call the office at 209-966-3689 for assistance. 

Environmental Health: 
Information and assistance with debris removal, damage assessments, and hazardous waste removal/information. Assistance with well and septic inspections/installations. Call the office, at 209-966-2220, for assistance. 

Behavioral Health:
If you are in need of mental health services, please contact Mariposa County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services for an assessment at 1-800-549-6741 or contact the 24/7 crisis line at 209-966-7000. We offer services for children, youth, and adults. Mental health and drug and alcohol services are available. You may also call or text 988, a suicide prevention hotline. 
Economic Development Phone: 209-742-1214

Economic Development is happy to assist businesses that were affected by the Oak Fire. We offer business assistance and microenterprise loans and are working with the Small Business Administration on disaster relief. 
Mariposa County Unified School District (MCUSD)

Phone: 209-742-0250
Information regarding services for students and staff impacted by the Fire. Back packs, school supplies and clothing available.

Christina Rouse 
Phone: 209-742-0260 ext 2202 
Public Works Phone: 209-966-5356 The Mariposa County Solid Waste and Recycling Facility will continue to accept Spoiled Food Waste free of charge through August 13, 2022. Please inform the Scale House (Gate) Attendant that you have spoiled food waste for disposal, and they will direct you to the appropriate disposal location.
Assessor/Recorder Phone: 209-966-2332

Vincent P. Kehoe, Mariposa County Assessor-Recorder, would like to inform property owners who have lost or sustained damage to their property due to the Oak fire in Mariposa County that they may be eligible for the following: 
· A reduction in the assessed value of their property
 · Due to the Governor proclaimed State of Emergency, you have the option to defer payment of your next installment of property taxes 
· Free replacement of vital records for birth, deaths and marriages recorded in Mariposa County only

 · Those individuals who have suffered fire damage are encouraged to contact the Assessor’s Office
AG/Farm Bureau Phone: 209-742-587

Farm Service Agency:
209-722-4119 Ext. 2 
Information on livestock and large animal needs due to impacts from the fire. Feed loss and removal of livestock 

Farm Service: 
Government funding/loans for forage and feed for commercial agricultural production. Livestock replacement. Can also assist with damage to farms and buildings through low-interest loans www.fsa.usda.gov
Other Resources . .
Native Solutions Phone: 209-742-5065 Support and connection for services for tribal members
Miwumati Healing Center

Phone: 209-966-3245
Support and connection for services for all impacted by the fire. Food, water, clothing and household items is available.
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) www.pge.com Information and support for impacted customers.
Sierra Tel

Phone: 209-966-3636
Will provide options to customers to straighten out their service needs (cancel or forward the phone number).
Red Cross Phone: 1-800-733-2767 Red Cross Case Managers will continue to work with anyone who has not yet opened a case that has lost their home and can still apply of financial assistance up until August 12th. After August 12, 2022, no more cases will be opened for the Disaster Relief Operations.
Tzu Chi Foundation Phone: 909-447-7799

Tzu Chi Modesto Office:

Tzu Chi means “compassion and relief”. Provides support to residents who are confirmed to have lost homes.
Mariposa Safe Families (MSF) Phone: 209-966-2211 MSF will be offering resources for those Mariposa County residents who were impacted by the fire. If residents suffered a loss due to the fire, MSF will offer a Pioneer gift card, fuel costs support, a VISA card, and hygiene items, clothing and shoes, kitchen and household items, cleaning supplies, bedding/linens, dog/cat food, among other items. 

In addition, MSF has also partnered with Eastern Madera/Mariposa VOAD and New Life Christian Church to provide ongoing support to those community members who suffered a loss due to the fire. 

August 10th-31st Monday-Friday 1:00pm to the 7:00pm 
the following items will be available with a voucher at New Life Christian Fellowship Church: Personal Hygiene items for adults and children, kitchen, and other household items. Food resources, clothing, shoes, towels, linens, and other items. 

The voucher much be obtained at Mariposa Safe Families office at 4983 8th Street, Mariposa. 
Alliance for Community Transformations Phone: 209-742-6456 The Alliance for Community Transformations will be here to support those impacted by the Oak Fire into the future. We will continue to support immediate needs through gift cards while the supplies are available. Call 209.742.6456 if you are in need of this resource. 

Mariposa Heritage House will provide emergency food boxes once a week, on Tuesday or Thursday. Please call 209.966.7770 to set up a food box and arrange for pick up at 5200 Hwy 49N. 

The Alliance will be assigning Fire Case Managers to people that experienced a loss. This program will be up and running by Mid-August. The Case Managers will reach out to you, or you can call 209.742.6456 if you have any questions about this program.
Methodist Church United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) Phone: 209-966-3419 Gift cards, gas cards, hygiene kits, school kits for kids, cleaning supplies for survivors and other things like N-95 masks.
Mother Lode Job Training Phone: 209-966-3643 Mother Lode Job Training is offering our job search center to those affected by the Oak Fire. There are computers, wi-fi, printer, scanner, fax machine, and phone for all needs, not just job search. MLJT may also be able to offer desk space for those who may need a place to work remotely on a reservation-type system, depending on staffing
Catholic Charites Phone: 559-237-0851 Information about their services for impacted residents.
Salvation Army (Merced) Phone: 209-383-4225 Salvation Army will continue to provide food vouchers, gas vouchers for doctor appointments and Gas cards. Please call Mark Ford.
Managed Care Plans . Anthem: 
· Providing up to a 30-day emergency refill of medications at any pharmacy for Anthem plans that cover prescription medications. 
· Relaxing time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements and waiving any late penalties. 
· Offering replacement of any lost or damaged durable medical equipment. 
· Extending time limits on filing claims. 
· Approval for out-of-network treatments when in-network resources are unavailable. 

Anthem is also offering free access to its online health option, LiveHealth Online to anyone living in the impacted area. LiveHealth Online offers video visits with U.S.-based board-certified doctors on a mobile device or computer from anywhere for non-emergency health conditions. The free visit offer will be available through the end of the state of emergency. 

These medical and pharmacy guidelines are effective from July 23 through August 21, 2022 for impacted members in Mariposa County. 

Anthem California members and activated emergency personnel impacted by these fires can access Anthem’s Employee Assistance
California Health and Wellness Program (EAP) which provides free support services to help with stressful situations and financial or legal concerns. Members and emergency personnel can call Anthem’s EAP crisis line toll-free at (877) 208-8240. 

California Health and Wellness: 
Prescription Information 
· During evacuations, members in Mariposa County affected by the wildfire can obtain an emergency supply from the drug store where they originally filled their prescription. 
· If their drug store is closed, members can call California Health and Wellness at 1-877-658-0305, option 2, for assistance. 

Help with Coping 
California Health and Wellness members can also call MHN for coping support. MHN can offer referrals to mental health counselors, local services, or phone consultations. These services can help members cope with grief, stress, or trauma related to the wildfires. MHN operates their hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached at 1-800-227-1060. 

Video Medical Appointments
If members cannot reach their primary care provider during a declared state of emergency, California Health and Wellness provides access to telehealth services at no cost. To make an appointment, members should reference the back of their California Health and Wellness ID card for more information on how to access telehealth services. Members can find this same information by registering with and logging on to CAHealthWellness.com. 

Information for Healthcare Providers 
Doctors and nurse practitioners can call California Health and Wellness Provider Service Center at 1-877-658-0305 for help with: 
· Emergency prescription refill guidelines 
· Escalating approvals to reduce approval turnaround times 
· Approval for out-of-network treatments when in-network resources are unavailable
California Southern Baptist Disaster Response https://csbc.com/disaster-relief/

Phone: 916-693-3428

Information about their Personal Property Recovery (PPR)
United Policy Holders

Phone: 415-398-9990
United Policyholders (UP) helps insurance consumers with tips, tools, educational webinars, and information from previous disaster survivors and professionals through our Roadmap to Recovery Program. We provide support to overwhelmed disaster survivors in order to increase the flow of insurance funds to finance repairs and rebuilding, reduce delays and frustration, and help restore their lives. Our yellow recovery handbooks are available at the Chamber and Supervisor Smallcombe’s office. Visit our online recovery and insurance library for information to help you with the insurance claim process
New Life Christian Center Phone: 209-966-7734 August 10th-31st Monday-Friday 1:00pm to the 7:00pm the following items will be available with a voucher at New Life Christian Fellowship Church: Personal Hygiene items for adults and children, Kitchen and other household items. Food resources, clothing, shoes, towels, linens and other items. 

The voucher much be obtained at Mariposa Safe Families office at 4983 8th Street, Mariposa. Please call MSF at 209-966-2211.
Mariposa Chamber of Commerce Phone: 209-966-2456 Support for local business impacted by the fire.
EcoWorld Phone: 559-369-4212 Offer vouchers for evacuees to shop completely free of charge for clothing, shoes, and hygienic products. These vouchers can be mailed to an address the evacuee is staying at or held at the thrift store for pick up at the time of use to shop. The contact number for Vouchers is 559-369-4212, we have been very busy so messages may have to be left, but they will all be returned.
Social Security Administration (Merced) Phone: 1-888-710-0120 Will provide assistance with social security cards lost and other services related to SSI/SSD benefits. 

Social Security Video Service at HHSA –Lemee Lane: No Appointment is Necessary at this time. 
Every Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm 
All clients and staff must check in with the front reception first.
Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/site/ca/home/

Phone: 209-966-3431
Provide information on cleanup of trees and soil control for damages on land and around/on property. Also have a grant cost sharing program for cleanup from wildfires for land only.
CAL Fire www.fire.ca.gov

Phone: 209-966-3622
Will continue to assist with comp-claims for property damage due to fire suppression.
John C. Fremont Hospital physician clinics: 209-966-0850 
specialty clinic: 209-966-2154.
For any medical emergency visit our emergency department that is opened 24/7. It is important to keep your healthcare in check