Vital Documents Recovery

Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates

Mariposa County has birth, death, and marriage certificate for these events that occurred within Mariposa County. The request for certificates may be made in person or by mail. Click the links below for the link you need.

For births, deaths, and marriage certificates outside of Mariposa county, you can contact the Mariposa County Record’s Office for assistance in getting outside county documents.  

CalFresh Benefits

To receive replacement benefits, an affidavit must be completed. You can complete it online, over the phone or in person. 

To submit the affidavit online, visit or call your worker directly or Health and Human Services main office at 209-966-2000 or 1-800-549-6741.

Citizenship Papers

The Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website has the Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document located at Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document | USCIS. The contact phone number is 1-800-375-5283. 

CDIB – Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood

For information on filing the certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaska Native Blood and application, visit the Bureau of Indian Affairs website or access the form and instructions by clicking this link

If your card has been lost and you are already on file with BIA, submit the registration form and a copy of your identification to the agency where you receive services.

Office of Indian Services 202-513-7640
Bureau of Indian Affairs 202-208-5116


COVID-19 Vaccine Record Card 

To obtain a digital copy of your COVID-19 Vaccine Record from the California Department of Public Health, visit  A copy of your digital record can be printed. 

If you received your vaccines at a pharmacy, contact the pharmacy to obtain a copy of your vaccination card. 

Credit Cards 

Contact your bank and other places you obtained a credit card as soon as possible to report your cards lost or stolen.

Drivers license

Obtain a copy of our driver's license from the DMV. Visit a California DMV office to complete the required application.  Replacement license forms must be delivered in person. Make an appointment online by visiting or by calling 1-800-777-0133.

Mariposa County DMV is located at 5264 CA-49, Mariposa, CA 95338.

Green Cards 

Fill out form I-90 for a replacement green card, this form can be filled out online by visiting the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.  

Address to mail the i-90 form

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): USCIS Attn: I-90 
P.O. Box 21262 
Phoenix, AZ 85036-1262 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: USCIS Attn: I-90 (Box 21262) 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S 
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034-4850 

Income Tax Records

To obtain income tax records, contact your accountant or tax filing agency.  The IRS Tax Assistance Center can assist by appointment and can be contacted at 559-443-7741.

Insurance Policies

Contact your insurance provider to obtain a free copy of your policy.

Military Discharge

Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000

Mortgage Papers

Contact your lending institution and title company.

Social Security or Medicare Cards

Contact the Social Security Administration Office

  • In Fresno, located at 348 E. Yosemite Avenue in Madera, CA / 1-877-405-1453
  • In Merced, located at 600 West Olive Avenue in Merced, CA / 1-888-632-7069

Titles of Deeds

Deeds need to be requested in person at the Mariposa County Assessor/Recorder's office located at 4982 10th Street Mariposa CA.

U.S. Passports

Visit for information on how to replace a passport.  Processing time is 8 to 11 weeks.

For questions, call the passport office at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793)

U.S. Savings Bonds

Complete a PDF-1048(I) form from the bank or the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

Department of the Treasury 
Bureau of the Public Debt
Savings Bonds Operations
P.O. Box 1328
Parkersburg, WV 26106-1328  


Contact the lawyer who created the will for a copy.