Additional Rebuilding Resources

County Code Chapter 18.05 establishes authority and requirements regarding rebuilding following a natural disaster such as a wildfire. 


For rebuilding forms, please visit the Building Department Application Forms page. Note the helpful Checklist for Residential Application.

For more information on rebuilding, please visit the Building FAQ page or call 209-966-3934.

ToolBank USA

ToolBank USA is a non-profit working with Alliance for Community Transformations to provide tools for survivors of the Oak and Agua Fires at no cost. To request tools, you must be an Oak or Agua Fire survivor (your name and information will be cross referenced with databased to verify).

For more information on this program, please visit the Alliance's website.

Public Roads

The Mariposa County Roads Division is responsible for over 560 miles of roadway within our county. Much of this mileage falls within the Oak Fire burn scar. If you have a specific concern regarding a county roadway, please call 209-966-5356.

Private Roads

While Mariposa County works to maintain and repair county roadways following natural disasters such as fires, we recognize that many in our community live on private roads and/or may have easements through other properties. Individuals with private roads and easements should review the following information:

Federal Resources

USDA Single Family Housing Rural Disaster Home Repair Grants

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development announces the availability of grants to help people repair their homes that were damaged by severe weather or natural disasters in 2022, including the Oak Fire.

People living in identified counties in California may be eligible for the funding. The homes must be located in presidentially declared disaster areas.

The grants will be available through supplemental disaster funding under the Rural Disaster Home Repair Grant Program. Through this program, people may apply to receive grants of up to $40,675 directly from USDA to repair their homes.

Funds will be available until expended. They may be used to:

  • Pay for home repair expenses that were a result of a presidentially declared disaster in calendar year 2022.
  • Prepare a site for a manufactured home.
  • Relocate a manufactured home.

To be eligible:

  • Applicants must have household incomes that do not exceed the low-limits based on their household size and county.
  • Homes must be located in an eligible rural area.
  • Homes must be located in a presidentially declared disaster areas 2022.

For more information or to apply, click here.

Partner Resources

Sierra Telephone

When the Governor of California issues a State of Emergency in a county where Sierra Telephone provides service, and Sierra Telephone's ability to deliver telephone service has been impacted, Sierra Telephone shall implement procedures demonstrating compliance with the protections listed in the California Public Utilities Commission Decision No. 19-08-025.  For more information, click here.

It may be necessary for a telephone company Engineer to field check the building site. To learn more about the requirements for new telephone installation, click here.

PG&E Resources

For eligible customers impacted by a wildfire, PG&E will connect and disconnect temporary electric service at no cost until a permanent electric meter is installed. Temporary power can be used throughout the construction process until your building is ready for permanent power or temporary uses like a recreational vehicle. For additional details and information, click here.

For more information about how PG&E can help you rebuild and recover, please contact PG&E:

PG&E Recycled Dirt Program

PG&E is offering fill dirt through their Recycled Dirt Program. Residents located within 20 miles of the Oak Fire burn scar qualify for the program. The soil is obtained from PG&E excavation projects, then it is provided and delivered free of charge in 10 to 20 cubic yard increments. To learn more about how to sign up for the Recycled Dirt Program, contact

Hiring a Contractor

The Contractors State License Board urges wildfire survivors to only hire licensed contractors for repairs and rebuilding after a wildfire. Visit 10 Tips to Make Sure Your Contractor Measures Up for valuable tips on hiring a contractor.