Tree Mortality Information
Tree Mortality Task Force
The Tree Mortality Task Force is comprised of state and federal
agencies, local governments, utilities, and various stakeholders that will coordinate emergency protective actions, and monitor ongoing conditions to address the vast tree mortality resulting from four years of unprecedented drought and the resulting bark beetle infestations across large regions of the State.
• Provide for public health and safety of persons and property in identified high hazard zones.
• Ensure efforts associated with implementation of the directives contained in the Governor's State of Emergency Proclamation remain coordinated.
• Ensure continuous communication among state, federal, and local governments, as well as with other non-governmental organizations assigned to the task force.
• Provide consistent and coordinated messaging between task force member agencies and the public.
• Manage projects and programs in a financially responsible and efficient manner.
Tree Mortality Presentation February 16, 2017
Blue Ridge Services
Download or View Documents